There are a variety of mid-week training and night race opportunities in the region. Additionally there are week long camps and some pre-race training, you can take advantage of to keep your skills honed. If you know of any other training opportunities, please be sure to let us know and we'll be sure to get the word out.
Mid-Week Training & Racing Opportunities
- Hunter Mt, NY - Hunter Mountain offers mid-week Masters training from December - March. The first session for this season is December 20th, 2021. There are a total of 9 sessions for a cost of $265. Training runs from 10am-12:30pm (typically on Mondays) and includes coaching. Sessions alternate between GS and SL. Contact Jim Tomassetti if you are interested or want more details. [email protected]ail.com
- Bear Creek, PA - Bear Creek will be running Nastar GS on Tuesdays and Nastar SL on Wednesdays. Wednesday SL has 2 courses. One of the courses will have combinations. Starts Jan 4th, 2022. https://www.bcmountainresort.com/play/events/?v=list&c=1&p=1&m=20220101
- West Mountain, NY - Training on either The Face or the Gnar Wall. 10-2 Tuesdays and Thursdays. Pay at the desk. $80 with ticket, $65 for those with a pass. Contact Bill or Lisa Zimmerman with questions. [email protected]
- Bosquet Mt, MA - Bosquet will be offering their Tuesday night race league starting on January 18th - February 22nd. You can find out more details at the following link. https://bousquetmountain.com/adult-racing-league/
- West Mountain Thursday, February 17, 2022 - West Mountain will be hosting training as a lead in to our three days of racing. Training starts at 10am and runs till somewhere around 2. This is a great opportunity to get some training runs on the Cure in advance of the weekend's racing. The format is typically casual. You'll get some feedback from fellow experienced racers if you want it, or you can just blast out some miles in the course. Signup and pay at the front desk at West Mountain. West Mountain will be charging $50 for those with a season pass & $70 for training and ticket.
- Stratton SG Training, January 27, 2022 - This is some great SG training hosted by New England Masters leading up to their SG and GS races on Frank's Fall Line at Stratton. You can sign up at https://masters.adminskiracing.com/node/373015
- Berkshire East Pre-Race Training Thursday February 3, 2022 - Get some turns in to prepare for the race the next day at Berkshire East. Signup at https://masters.adminskiracing.com/node/374178
Week Long Camps
- Lisa Ballard Masters Camp - Hunter Mt, NY January 3-6, 2022. Four days of training (2 SL and 2 GS). This training leads up to the weekend Mid-Atlantic Masters Season Opener races at Hunter.
- Lisa Ballard Masters Camp - Wachusett, MA January 10-13, 2022. Four days of training with coaches (2 SL and 2 GS). This training leads up to a New England Masters GS race that will be held at Wachusett race.