There are a variety of mid-week training and night race opportunities in the region. Additionally there are week long camps and some pre-race training, you can take advantage of to keep your skills honed. If you know of any other training opportunities, please be sure to let us know and we'll be sure to get the word out.
Mid-Week Training & Racing Opportunities
- Hunter Mt, NY - Hunter Mountain offers mid-week Masters training from December - March. The first session for this season is December 19th, 2022. There are a total of 9 sessions for a cost of $285. Training runs from 10am-12:30pm (typically on Mondays) and includes coaching. Sessions alternate between GS and SL. Contact Jim Tomassetti if you are interested or want more details. [email protected]
- Bear Creek, PA - Bear Creek will be running Nastar GS on Tuesdays and Nastar SL on Wednesdays. Wednesday SL has 2 courses. One of the courses will have combinations. Starts Jan 3th, 2023. https://www.bcmountainresort.com/play/events/?v=list&c=1&p=1&m=20220101
- Blue Mt, PA - Blue Mountain Racing will be offering Masters race training for 2023 on Thursday mornings. This training is available for all levels of racers from beginners to advanced. https://www.shopskibluemt.com/ski-school-lessons-seasonal-programs-racing-clinic.
- Bosquet Mt, MA - Training is a go for Tuesdays and Fridays. You can find the details in this document. Signup at https://bousquetmountain.connectintouch.com/masters-racing. If you are interested, let Scott Raymaakers know so he can get a count. Scott<[email protected]>
- Mt Peter, NJ - There will be a new training opportunity at Mount Peter. John Pierce will be involved with the coaching. You can contact John Pierce for more info if you are interested. More info coming soon. [email protected]
- West Mt, NY - There will be training on Thursdays from 10am-2pm. The cost is $85, which includes the lift ticket. It is $65 with a season pass West Mountain. Contact Cliff Marks for more details. [email protected]
- Stratton SG Training, January 25, 2023 - This is some great SG training hosted by New England Masters leading up to their SG and GS races on Frank's Fall Line at Stratton. You can sign up at https://masters.adminskiracing.com/node/373015
- West Mountain Pre-Race Training Thursday February 16, 2022 - Get some turns in to prepare for the race the next day at West Mt. More details to follow.
Week Long Camps
- Lisa Ballard Masters Camp - Hunter Mt, NY January 2-5, 2023. Four days of training (2 SL and 2 GS). This training leads up to the Friday and Saturday Mid-Atlantic Masters Season Opener races at Hunter on January 6 (GS on Eisenhower) and 7th (SL)
- Lisa Ballard Masters Camp - New Location - Mt Snow!! Rescheduled to March 6-9 Four days of training with coaches (2 SL and 2 GS). This training leads up to a New England Masters GS race that will be held the Friday immediately following the camp at Mt Snow.
- There are a number of other camp options across the county to help build your skills that might fit your schedule. Check out the National Masters Website to see the latest there.
- 4 Day Camp: The Comet Camp is back at Stowe, VT. It will be followed by a New England Masters 2XSL race on Saturday. It will be a 4 day Camp Dec. 13th through the 16th with 2 days of SL & GS. Contact Jesse Beck <[email protected]>